Our diving is a Padi ***** IDC centre. Below you will find
some information about the instructor course and exam.
The IDC course is divided in Assistant Instructor (AI) and Open Water Scuba
Instructor (OWSI); the AI has duration of three days and the OWSI of four days,
then there is two days and a half of final exam (IE) run by Padi office staff.
Our courses take place part in Genoa and part in Santa Margherita Ligure.
THE NEXT EXAM IE IS ON 1-2 April 2006
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE DATES FOR THE EXAMS IE IN 2006
Corderia Nazionale, Padi IDC ***** centre in Genoa invites
you to take part at the next Instructor Course (IDC - Instructor Development
Course) that will take place in our diving center. The instructor course is
an opportunity to complete your Scuba diving career with qualified staff in
a relaxed and informal setting, and this can also became a job opportunity and
collaboration with our diving.
Our Course Director is Arrigo Marendino with the
help of our IDC Staff Instructor Alba Chigi and our Master Instructor Luca Dullio.
Il nostro Course Director
Massimo Casabianca è coadiuvato dalla nostra
IDC Staff Instructor Alba Chigi e dal nostro Master Instructor Luca Dullio.
For the duration of the course Corderia
Nazionale will offer you free accommodation on his boat!!
By becoming an Instructor with us you
could collaborate with our diving, but also work with our partners all over
We can offer the course in English,
Italian and Spanish
We reserve to start the course with a minimum of 4 students.
-The prices of the courses, without the
manuals are (possible variations):
AI: 300.00 Euro
CROSSOVER: 600.00 Euro
OWSI (from Assistant Instructor to Instructor): 600.00 Euro
IDC : 850.00 Euro
- Then there are the fees to PADI (possible variations)
AI 72.00 Euro
OWSI 150.00 Euro
IDC 150.00 Euro
IE 537.60 Euro
Free accommodation on our boat in included
in the price. You may wish to gain more experience after your IE by completing
more specialty courses or the MSDT Prep Course that will give you the possibility
to do 6 specialties (one will be free of charge). This offer is valid if you
book it in advance.
If you have any doubts please send an email or call us.
PREREQUISITES AND DOCUMENTS FOR
- Certified as an Assistant Instructor Padi, Dive Master
Padi or hold an equivalent leadership level certification with another recognized
diver training agency
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Submit medical clearance for diving signed by a medical physician ,attesting
to fitness to dive. The medical clearance must be current within the last 12
months, the physician signing the medical clearance can not be the applicant
- Have been certified as a diver for at least 6 months
- Have at least 100 logged dives registered in Log Book
- Submit proof of CPR and first aid training within the last 24 months
- Provide a copy of all previous certifications (initial level through to divemaster
-If already in possession of professional diver insurance provide copy policy
- Credit Card details or copy of bank draft for payment of IDC and IE Fees
- Padi Instructor Manual
- IDC Candidate Workbook
- The best of the undersea journal
- Open water cue cards
- Confined water cue cards
- Quizzes owd
- Quizzes rescue
- Quizzes dm
- Out-line ppb
- Out-line project aware
- Open Water Diver Manual (last edition)
- Advance OWD Manual (last edition)
- Rescue Diver Mnaual (last edition)
- Divemaster Manual (last edition)
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
Refresh the dive theory by doing all the
quizes of the Diving Knowledge Workbook: physics, physiology, equipment, technique
and environment, Rdp. Read the Instructor Manual (read also how to use the manual),
mainly read the boldface parts (inviolable standards). The Manual is lay out
in this way:
• General Standards
• Owd divided in 4 sections
• Adv divided in 3 sections
• Rescue divided in 3 sections
• Divemaster divided in 5 sections
• Specialty divided in 29 sections
• Discover scuba and Discover scuba diving divided in 2 sections
• Skin diver and Discover snorkeling divided in 3 sections
• Scuba review and discover local diving divided in 2 sections
• Seal team divided in 3 section
Do all the Knowledge reviews on
“The Best of Undersea Journal” reading the articles on the manual
and all the information on the instructor manual.
EQUIPMENT AND SUGGESTIONS
During all training dives in Open water and Confined Water each Instructor candidate
must be equipped with the following equipment:
• Fins, Mask & snorkel
• Buoyancy Control Device ( BCD. must be equipped with low pressure inflator
• Regulator with Alternate Air Source
• Under Water Pressure Gauge
• Depth Gauge & Timing Device ( Dive Computer )
• Adequate Thermal Protection ( Wet suite, Semi Dry suite or Dry suite
• Pocket Mask
Corderia advises you to have adequate Thermal Protection.
A Semi dry suite for the open water training dives and a full length 3 mil,
wet suite for the confined / pool training dives. Each training dive may last
several hours consecutively, depending on your personal preference you may wish
to use a dry suite for Open water dives and a 5 mil, for confined or pool dives
Yearly Water temperatures are: Min 15°C - Max 25°C.
Pool Water temperature: 28 °C